Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Who gets bailed out?

Lehman Brothers must be really ticked off!! Doesn't it seem that EVERY other financial institution has been bailed out, but them. Must remind them of elementary school when they were the last ones picked for kickball teams.

It makes the conspiracy theorist who lurks in my soul's shadows wonder who they made mad.

It makes the compassionate one who tries so hard to push his way to the front of my soul wonder, "Why them?"

It makes the pragmatist in me wonder how folks make these choices. I'm just glad it's not me making those choices.

But, on the other hand why did this happen? How did it happen? Why aren't the people responsible for this catastrophes fired and publicly shamed? Who do they know or what do they know about them? conspiracy theorist back again!!

I'm the first to admit that this level of finances is over my head, but maybe it's over the heads of the ones leading these companies.

I just find it aggravating that these huge companies are run by people making bazillions and yet they, too, are incompetent and make hugely bad business choices. But, they seem to move from CEO job to CEO job and spread the misery around.

Maybe it IS time for people with less experience to be in charge?!?! Sen Obama's inexperience has always scared me. Sen McCain's deep experience and debts owed also scares me. Which is less scary? Which can bring real and positive change? I'm not sure I'm smart enough to know for sure, but I will make my decision by November, I'm sure.

But, it's not easy, is it? I guess (I actually know) that's what prayer is for. It's also what trusting in the sovereignty of God is for, as well.

Finances, politics, religion. Who knew they are so intertwined?

1 comment:

paul said...

As a gift to your blog, I will make a political comment. :)

"Maybe it IS time for people with less experience to be in charge?"

I'm not sure that either party can claim either inexperience or experience given the full ticket. Which I actually find interesting. Between Palin and Obama... they both can appear green. And the other spots on the ticket...McCain and Biden... both kind of long timers.